Monday, January 30, 2012

Calling All Charity Quilters: Quilts for Cancer Needs You!

Hello, lovely people!  I just got back from a weekend up with my sister so I'm getting back in the swing of things at home.

I mentioned briefly in my last post about a new flickr group/bee that I just became involved in: Quilts for Cancer.  If you've ever wanted to quilt for charity, here's your chance!  We have two more slots and we'd love for you to join us.  It's set up like a traditional stash bee...but after you complete your quilt you donate it to someone with cancer or to a cancer-related organization - the choice is yours!  The quickie info is that everyone picks a month (December and January 2013 are left).  When it's your month you choose a block and color scheme.  Then, everyone in the bee makes a block (or 2) and sends it to you.  Then you assemble your blocks, make the quilt, and donate it.  Fabulous, right?  I've really been passionate about charity sewing/quilting so this really fit in with my goals this year.  Hop on board...here's the information for our February block...go check...I'll wait.  Great, right?

I hope you consider joining.  I know everyone commits to a whole lot at the beginning of the year, but if you think you have the time and think it's a worthwhile cause, come on over!!  Thanks!

In other quilting news...I finished 5 1/2 of my 7 Geese In A Ring so I'm trying to knock those out today or tomorrow.  Then it's on to binding my quilt for my friend, Jennifer.  I'll post pics as soon as I can!  And, remind me to post pics of the awesome stuff my friend Whitney sent me, m'kay?

1 comment:


  1. thank you for great article, looking for more post from you. check my watch live cricket

    ReplyDelete