Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Two-fer!

So I'm trying to get organized and plow through some of my "must do" items...and then I get sucked into browsing flickr, perusing blogs and the like.  Ya know what the only problem with that is (besides the exhorbitant amount of time wasted, that I could otherwise be sewing...or cleaning...or folding laundry - I hope you can relate a bit)?  It's that every swap, quilt-a-long, and bee seems so very fabulous that it's so hard NOT to sign up for every.single.one.  I probably haven't been as choosy as I should be since I'm trying to spend more time on making things for me/my household, but all of the pretties make it so very hard to stop!  I'm just such a joiner!

I'm looking forward to all of my upcoming swaps and projects, but one (or two?) that I'm super-excited about is my combination Scrap Attack AND A Quilt for a Smile project.  How's that for multi-tasking?  I get to pass one quilt off as two things.  It almost feels like Buy One Get One Free...it's almost like cheating, but not.  Awesome!

First, Rachel over at Stitched in Color is hosting the fabulous Scrap Attack challenge.  It's basically an ingenious way to get everyone excited about using their scraps and have a big, old party while doing it.  Fun, right?  The only rules are that you have to make your scraptacular quilt using mostly scraps and it has to be finished by the end of March.  Easy peasy...I can do that.

Scrap Attack Quilt-Along

Second, the lovely Pat Bravo of Art Gallery Fabrics put a call out on her blog & Facebook page a little while back asking for help.  See, she had a ton of studio scraps and wanted to know what she do with them.  After some suggestions she decided she would SEND THEM TO US to make quilts for Project Linus.  Yes, you read that correctly.  She sent ME a whole pound of scraps to make a quilt.  Beautiful, gorgeous, super-pretty Art Gallery scraps.  As you know, quilting for charity is right up my alley so I could hardly turn it down (well, she didn't exactly ask me...I asked her if little old me could join in the fun - luckily she said YES!).  The project has been dubbed Quilt for a Smile and I can hardly wait to start my contribution.  I was literally drooling when this squishy bag of fabric delights showed up on doorstep:


Now I'm just waiting to finish up a couple of things before I dig in to my two-for-the-price-of-one project.  I'm thinking scrappy log cabins...or maybe tumblers.  I'm not sure.  I feel bad that I haven't had a chance to start on it so I don't want to do anything too tricky or intricate, but I do want it to be scraptacular and beautiful.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  I'm not sure if Pat is sending out any more fabric, but if you're interested, you might want to drop her an email - she is uber-nice!

I'll have to update y'all on some other things I've been working on.  I made some pretty cool blocks for the 3x6 bee and I'm working on my 4x5 blocks (they're due the 15th!...must get off this thing and sew).  Plans are also brewing for lots more fun stuff.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment