Friday, November 18, 2011

Two Quickies, One of Which You DON'T Want to Miss!

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" for a sec.  First, I'm so excited that I have not one, but TWO dates coming up with my awesome hubs.  Tomorrow we are going to the wedding of a gal I babysat for many, many years ago.  So, we will will go, party it up with the youngsters, and offer sage marriage advice...cuz you know I've got some! 

Then, on Monday...Are You Ready For Some Football?! 

Although I've recently been told they don't to that song anymore, it will be burned in my brain forever as the Monday Night Football jingle.  And, guess who's going THIS Monday night?  Me (and my man)!  The Patriots will hopefully beat the pants off the Chiefs.  Being from New England, even if I'm not a die-hard football fan, I've got to cheer on the home team, right?  This should be fun.  I've gone to a couple of other NFL games over the years (one in Oakland and one in Dallas), but this should be the funnest...yes, not a word, but it seems appropriate.  Anyway, I just had to share.  We don't have a lot of time to go on a lot of dates (I know a lot of you can relate), so I figured I'd announce, for the record, that we have TWO - go us!

My other tidbit is probably more blog-worthy...at least for a sewing blog.  Have you heard about the giveaway going on over at Lily's Quilts?  It's HUGE and I do mean huge.  I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I'll give you a hint... it rhymes with Mona.  You should run over there RIGHT NOW and check out the giveaway link.  The winner will be drawn November 23rd.  You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment