Monday, November 14, 2011

Studio Catch Up

Told you I'd be back later today!  I know you were refreshing your browsers all day long waiting for my post.  So, without further ado...

Lots going on in the "studio" lately...here are a few sneaky peeks:

My November blocks for the Love Circle of do. Good Stitches.  Lee of Freshly Pieced tasked us with making asterisk blocks...any which way we wanted.  I'd never tried this block before but I love them!  They're simple and fun to make.  I even tried to get "fancy" with mine - I hope she likes them!



My November NuBees blocks.  I sketched my design a couple of months ago and decided to try it for this month of the NuBees swap.  Not all of the lines turned out perfectly straight, but I think they turned out nice...especially since my group picked such great color combos!


Now this next one I just could NOT get a decent picture of.  I don't claim to be any kind of photographer...actually I pretty much stink at it and if I get a good snap it's total luck.  So, for my Design Camp [think outside the block] bee, Krystina sent us some fabulous soft colors and asked us to be inspired by the ocean.  OK, I can do that!  I was inspired by Turtle Island in Fiji, where my hubs and I spent our wedding/honeymoon in 2001.  Heaven on earth, I swear.  Here's what I came up with -


I can't show pictures of the next three things I'm working on...they're secret!!  I love that I have a couple of secret projects going on.  Now, I know they're not super fancy, like someone asked me to make a secret quilt for a magazine or anything, but it still feels sneaky and fun to have a couple of things I can't quite reveal yet.  One is for the Christmas edition of the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap.  Suffice it to say it's going to be cute, Christmas-y, and merry & bright!

I'm also working on a mini for the Christmas edition of the Little Quilt Swap.  We're doing "mini" minis this round since there's such a tight deadline (we all want to hang them before Xmas!).  They're going to be around 12-ish" square.  I'm about 2/3 done and it's coming along nicely.

My last Secret Project is part of a group effort...and that's all I'm going to say about that ;)

So, I want to finish up a couple of these items this week and hopefully finish up the quilting on my big quilt so I can bind that puppy.  What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment