If you've been reading many blogs or been on flickr much lately, there's no doubt you've seen charm swaps popping up all over the place. If you've been lucky enough to get a spot in one, you may even be swapping your little heart out already. But - what if we took a charm pack, sent it around the country, let people choose the charms they wanted, had them replace the charms they chose with new charms, asked them to post about it and host a giveaway on their blog, and then have them send the new stack to the next winner? How fun would that be? The most fun, right? I don't know about you, but I have a thing for charms. When I started sewing it was probably one of the first things I fell hard for. So many different fabrics in one 5" stack. It's heavenly, don't you think? I digress...
I can't take even a smidge of credit for this. I've mentioned it before...I'm not all that creative. I'm always thinking "man, I wish I thought of that!" The great thing is, I'm getting to know some of the amazing people that DO think of this stuff!! The fabulous Diane of from blank pages came up with this fantastic idea of a traveling charm pack. Click on the picture to get the whole lowdown -
In a nutshell, Diane had a giveaway last week (well, she had a LOT of giveaways...she was doing a lot of celebrating!) - one of them was for the traveling charm pack. And, yours truly won it...I know, that in itself is reason to celebrate! It's a prize with a twist. You get the whole stack of charms, BUT you have to make a few promises if ya want it (don't worry, these are promises you can keep!) -
- you must be an active blogger (so you can post about it and host your own giveaway!)
- you must reside in the US
- before sending the charm pack off to the next winner, you must be sure there are 56 - 5" x 5" squares of fabric in the stack - please no yucky fabrics
- to help keep the map updated, you must fill out the quick and easy form to let Diane know where you are!
- if the charm pack arrives full of unwanted charms, let Diane know and we'll clear it out and fill it back up with some more beautiful fabrics!
If this sounds like fun and YOU'D like a chance to win the charm pack, just leave me a comment...any comment will do. One entry per person. Mr. Random will choose a winner on Friday. In the meantime, I'll be stacking and restacking and choosing and petting and swooning over the charms...there are some really good ones in there! Good luck!