Friday, March 23, 2012

You Should Really Go Someday...

No big quilty news here today.  I have been sewing up some swap/bee blocks, but I haven't had a chance to take any pictures.  Six down, though, and 6 to go, so not too shabby!

Today is my wedding anniversary.  Paul and I got married on Turtle Island in Fiji 11 years ago.  It's one of those magical places that seems like it's only real in a brochure.  But, trust me, it's just as marvelous in real life.  I hope we can go back some day.  We've always said for our 20th...so, we'll see.  Here's what it was like -




Fabulous, right??  Yes, indeedy, it was!  Today my littlest guy and I had lunch with the man of the house - the food was delicious, but it was a little pricey at $11 for a club sandwich.  We're not huge "celebrators" so the rest of the day will be low-key.  I have a yumm-o dinner planned and I just baked a cheesecake for dessert.  Tomorrow night we have a sitter and we're going to a hockey game.  Can't wait for a date with my man!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!  I'll be back to share my my sewing tidbits next week!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You're right that place does look fabulous. I'm pretty sure I've favorited or pinned several of your things on flickr, so I'm not sure how I never made it over here until today, but now you are stuck with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to the two of you! Hope you guys have a wonderful celebration! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, happy anniversary! what a lovely-looking wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've given you the Liebster Blog Award - read about it here:

    http://capitolaquilter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete